Linux: Find Keyboard Key Scancode
How find the scancode of a key?
- First, switch to Virtual Console. [see Linux: How to use Virtual Console]
- Then, type
- Then, type any key, it'll print its scancode in hexadecimal.
- To exit, just wait for 10 seconds.
Note: you must switch to virtual console for this to work. Normal terminal won't work.
man showkey and
- Keyboard Software Guide
- Swap Control Alt Keys
- Set F2 F3 F4 to Cut Copy Paste
- Swap CapsLock Escape Keys
- Make CapsLock Do Home Key
- Setup Shift Lock Key
- Add Keyboard Shortcut to Switch App
- Set Key Repeat Rate
- Set System Keyboard Layout
- How to Switch to Dvorak Keyboard Layout
- Change Volume by Command
- Find Keyboard Key Scancode
- X11 Keyboard Key Names
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.