Linux: X11 Keyboard Key Names
X11 Keysym Names
Here's the common ones:
How to Find keycode / keysym of a Key?
xev lets you find the keycode / keysym of a key.
xev in terminal, then press a key. It'll display output in terminal.
note, mouse movement will generate lots of outputs. So, try not to move the mouse.
to quit, mouse click on the close box of the popup window.
If you don't know what's keycode / keysym, see: Linux: xmodmap Tutorial
- Keyboard Software Guide
- Swap Control Alt Keys
- Set F2 F3 F4 to Cut Copy Paste
- Swap CapsLock Escape Keys
- Make CapsLock Do Home Key
- Setup Shift Lock Key
- Add Keyboard Shortcut to Switch App
- Set Key Repeat Rate
- Set System Keyboard Layout
- How to Switch to Dvorak Keyboard Layout
- Change Volume by Command
- Find Keyboard Key Scancode
- X11 Keyboard Key Names
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.