Linux: Swap CapsLock Escape Keys
How to make Caps Lock do Escape Key on Linux?
Create a file at
~/.Xmodmap with the following content:
! -*- coding: utf-8 -*- ! 2014-09-10 ! make caps lock do escape ! from http://xahlee.info/ ! keycode 9 = Escape NoSymbol Escape ! keycode 66 = Caps_Lock NoSymbol Caps_Lock clear Lock keycode 66 = Escape NoSymbol Escape
Now, run this line in terminal:
When you restart, that file will run automatically.
back to Linux: xmodmap Tutorial
- Keyboard Software Guide
- Swap Control Alt Keys
- Set F2 F3 F4 to Cut Copy Paste
- Swap CapsLock Escape Keys
- Make CapsLock Do Home Key
- Setup Shift Lock Key
- Add Keyboard Shortcut to Switch App
- Set Key Repeat Rate
- Set System Keyboard Layout
- How to Switch to Dvorak Keyboard Layout
- Change Volume by Command
- Find Keyboard Key Scancode
- X11 Keyboard Key Names
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.