Xah Programing Blog 2019-02
this is a wild ride. On razer keyboard, optical switch, lisp machines, lisp, richard stallman, esr, ewd, Guy Steele, larry wall, Guido, Paul graham, Anders Hejlsberg, UNIX Philosophy, worse is better. #emacs #perl #python
this is a wild ride
- 0:35 razer keyboard,
- 1:16 beat headphone
- 5:27 optical switch
- 7:30 lisp machines, keyboard, lisp lang
- 12:37 razer keyboard
- 14:20 richard stallman
- 24:48 windows key, menu key
- 28:10 Maple vs Mathematica
- 37:20 larry wall, esr, martin fowler
- 48:02 UNIX Philosophy
- 49:32 cult and religion
- 50:16 Anders Hejlsberg
- 53:03 Guy Steele
- 1:15:15 John Carmack
- 1:16:35 Dennis Ritchie, Ken Thompson, Worse Is Better.
- 1:21:10 Guido van Rossum
- and also ewd, Paul graham, Donald Knuth somewhere.
Microsoft ditched sha1. What's the git's situation?
confused by sha-1, cryptography hash function? see Public-Key Cryptography for Beginner
HTML6, JSON SXML Simplified
Xah Talk Show. 2019-02-22. Programing Languages, Lisp, Homoiconicity, Haskell, Syntax, Semantics, Formal Language
itching to do a video stream. gosh i really need to get vid going daily. like this if you like to see more. So many topics i can talk non stop. emacs, programing, hacker cult, to other thing such as chinese, linguistics, philosophy...
and always be yourself, because, being yourself, gives you the most power, most performance.
articles at On Lisp
subscribe and click the alert to get my latest video or stream on YouTube. I may not post them here.
todo Python Language Problems
todo Python 3 Tutorial
Python 2 and Python 3 Difference
old blog posts
- Apple Censorship
- Clojure Books
- The State of Affairs of DVD Rippers
- Death of Steve Jobs vs Dennis Ritchie, John McCarthy
- The Day Steve Jobs Died, Apple, Google Website Screenshots
- Erik Meijer on Xtreme Programing and Agile
- Software Freedom is Free Speech or Free Beer?
- F Sharp, OCaml Books and History of OCaml
- Google Tech Talk: 〈Lisp at JPL〉 by Ron Garret 📺
- Luhn Algorithm
- Mathematica Version 3 to Version 7 Conversion Notes
- Neal Stephenson at Google Talk 📺
- MacOS Extended Attribute, At sign @ in ls
- Paul Graham Keynote at PyCon 📺
- Richard Stallman on Steve Jobs's Death
- Ryan Dahl, on History of Node.js 📺
- Node.js Creator Ryan Dahl on Software Complexity
- Second Life, the Worst Hack in Universe
- Sergey Brin Talk on China, Wikipedia, Search Engines, … 📺
- Theodore Gray: Future of Text Book, iPad, Education 📺
- TypeScript Will Kill CoffeeScript and Dart!
- World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics?
- OCaml Use in Industry: Janestreet Talk by Yaron Minsky 📺
- Adaptive Sampling, Plotting Math Curve
- AN OPEN LETTER TO HOBBYISTS, by Bill Gates
- Best Video Codec for Screencast or Line Animation
- BlackBerry PlayBook: Force Reset, Security Wipe, Connect to Linux Via USB
- Clojure Leiningen Banana
- ASCII Jam Problem: HTML Entities
- Complexity and Tedium of Software Engineering
- How to Convert HTML to PDF
- ctags etags gtags: How to Find Where a Function is Defined or Called?
- Unix tools on Windows: Cygwin vs VirtualBox
- Database Tech 2012
- Dell i7559 Linux Boot Problem
- 3D Visualization Design
- Programing: Design Patterns Your Mom
- eXtreme Programing and Agile Voodoo
- Emacs + Cygwin, gunzip not found?
- Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Confusion Ball
- Programing: the Expression Problem
- Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Speak Chinese 📺
- Font Articles Index
- FSF Spread FUD on Microsoft
- Ruby Creator Cooks Python; Matz and GitCafe
- How Does a Unicode Character Get Mapped to a Glyph in a Font?
- How Much You'll Get for Writing a Programing Book?
- In-place Algorithm for Reversing a List in Perl, Python, Lisp, Mathematica
- The Strengths of the Academic Enterprise
- Invisible Character from Twitter
- Is Math Important for Programers?
- What's Philosophy and Paul Graham: Qi Lisp Creator Mark Tarver on Is Philosophy Useful?
- is programing math?
- LAND OF LISP (Book and Comics)
- Laptops 2012 Comparison: ASUS Zenbook Prime vs Apple MacBook Pro
- Computer Hacking: Lulz Security Farewell Note
- The Landscape of Instant Messaging and the Mac 2006
- Unix/Linux Dot File Problems: .svn .htaccess .DS_Store …
- Mouse Speed Too Slow in Mac OS X?
- Model-View-Controller Observer Observable — A[n] Incoherence Rambling
- Moto G5 Plus
- Internet History, Netscape, Dot Com, Code Rush 📺
- The NoSQL Movement
- NSA Mass Surveillance
- The Sad Story of OAuth 2.0 and Open Standards, IETF
- The Pain of Ampersand in HTML
- Parallel Programing Problem: asciify-string
- Encryption: What's Perfect Forward Secrecy?
- Perl One-Liner Screw
- PHP + MySQL Documentation Redux, 2012
- Picasa Pains: Using Picasa Web as Backup; Sync All Folders
- Programer Jokes
- Programer Salary
- Programer Simple Living Shanty Town Squatter
- Programers Refuse to Change 📺
- Programing: Decimalize Latitude Longitude
- Programing Language Popularity 2017
- Xah Computer Programing Quotes
- Python Tech 2012: django, CherryPy, unittest, nose, celery, decorator
- Python Libs for Scientists
- Xah Regular Expression Articles Index
- Programing Challenge: Replace String Pairs
- Ruby Rails Mongrel, Zed Shaw: Rails Is A Ghetto
- Ruby RVM Complexity
- Safari “.webloc” File is Using Mac Resource Fork
- Screenshot Tracking Watermark
- Sessions, and Token Based Auth
- Skype Chat Encryption and Screen Sharing
- Software Dependency Complexity: Fink, Unison
- web tech 2012: blackbox/whitebox testing, Jenkins, Puppet, Selenium
- Software Skin Cancer
- How Fast is Running Perl in Cygwin or Using NTFS on Linux? (The Price You Pay for Layers and Emulations)
- A Syntax Highlighting Language?
- quick random jot-downs, on TCP/IP, on Tech Writing
- What's the Difference Between Hacker and Tech Geeker?
- X No Chord Keyboard
- Unicode RIGHTWARDS BLACK ARROW and BLACK RIGHTWARDS ARROW Problem ⬅ ➡ ⮕
- Unicode BOM Byte Order Mark Hack
- Syntax Design: Use of Unicode Matching Brackets as Specialized Delimiters
- Semantic of Symbol: Unicode Ellipsis Symbol vs Dot Dot Dot
- Unicode for Programers, Index
- Unicode Semantics: the ∀ in Turn A Gundam
- Symbol, Semantics, Design: Unicode for “e.g.” (exempli gratia)
- Semantics and Symbols: Examples of Unicode Symbols Usage
- Unicode: Unix/Linux Hacker Propaganda on UTF-8 Encoding
- UNIX Tar Problem: File Length Truncation, Unicode Name Support
- Linux Shell Util uniq Unicode Bug
- Lisp, Python, Perl, Ruby Code to Validate Matching Brackets
- Ubuntu Linux: vim Location and Versions
- What's Apache Ant, Apache Maven, What's the Difference?
- What's Docker?
- Why is Array Access Constant Time
- Why PDF Sucks
- It's Not You, It's Them: Why Programming Languages Are Hard To Teach 📺
- Xah Language Design
- Xah Linux
Python 3 Adoption added more articles.
fuck python. fuck easy_install pip mess. fuck python2 python3. fuck passive aggressive semi-formal i-know-comp-sci Guido. Fuck python comp sci Я us inflexible priests tower community fuck.
Here's collection rants i've written. They go way back to 2006. Python Language Problems
Python: What's PyPi, pip, easy_install, setuptools?
djsumdog @email@example.com 2019-02-18 wrote:
@xahlee Never use
sudo easy_install. I don't know why it's in all the manuals. Always use:
pip install --user← that USER is super important. You should never let pip or cargo or any other language manager ever touch your system packages. gem also has a
gem install --userwhich you should use to. You can always wipe/reset your home directory. The system is much more difficult.
this is a new python distro, suggested to me https://www.anaconda.com/distribution/
old stuff. temp here.
Python Surpassed Perl In Popularity
- The X-Windows Disaster
- “Buffer Overflow” Security Problems
- On Unix File System's Case Sensitivity
- Why LD_LIBRARY_PATH is bad
- UNIX Philosophy, Fast Food the UNIX way
- A Example of Expressiveness in Computer Language
- rsync Symptom
- “Free” Software Morality, Richard Stallman, Paperwork Bureaucracy
- Mathematica 7 Released
- Richard Stallman's Abuse of the Word “Freedom”
- Death of Newsgroups
- comp.lang.lisp is 95% Spam
- Programer Celebrities; Styles and Tack
- Computer Languages
- The Unix Pestilence
- Free Software, Communism, Ideologies, Policies
- Purpose of Logo and Principle of Logo Design
- Mac OS X Misc Command Line Tips
- Mac OS X “.dmg” File and Command Line Tutorial
- Programing: GNU Make (gmake) Tutorial
- Voodoo of Software Engineering
- Something about Unicode
- Python Snake Becometh Dragon in China 蛇变龙!
- rsync Windows to unix File Permissions
Python: Web Crawler
Linux: Download Website: wget, curl (updated)
Lisp Needs a Logo (old article. checked links.)
Python: Find Replace in a Dir
full featured find/replace code in python.
Unicode Stars ★
and much other update on unicode pages. Removed screenshot from each page, because that doesn't seem to be what people want.
Linux: Compare Files or Directory: diff (minor update)
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
if you like my work, do:
Unicode Hand Gestures 👍 added screenshots
An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of Ugliness of Software Tech (repost)
URL Percent Encoding and Unicode (major update.)
new nav box.
Python: GET Webpage Content (minor update)
Computer Network Tutorial (new nav box)
Python Doc Idiocies (new nav box)
new nav box.
File Sharing How To
new nav box. some are still pending review.
Python Syntax Problem: Comment and Backslash (repost)
Pretty Girl on AlphaZero Chess
watch this girl Anna Rudolf, explains chess of AlphaZero. There exist such amazing and beautiful people in this world.
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.