Emacs: How to Edit Lisp Code
This page shows you how to edit lisp code efficiently with plain GNU emacs.
Setup all of the following. This system is more efficient than using
paredit.el package or its derivatives.
- You should ALWAYS insert brackets by pair.
- You should ALWAYS delete brackets by pair.
Emacs, Work with Brackets
- Emacs: Highlight Brackets
- Emacs: Insert Bracket Pairs, electric-pair-mode
- Emacs: Insert Brackets by Pair 🚀
- Emacs: Delete Brackets by Pair 🚀
- Emacs: Move Cursor to Bracket 🚀
- Emacs: Jump to Matching Bracket 🚀
- Emacs: Change Brackets/Quotes 🚀
- Emacs: Navigate Lisp Code as Tree
- Emacs: Select Line, between Quotes, Extend Selection 🚀
- Emacs: Xah Elisp Mode
Select Lisp Expression by Unit
mark-sexp 【Ctrl+Alt+Space】 to select a complete parenthesized expression. Your cursor must be on the left bracket.
To select a complete sexp, type Ctrl+Alt+↑