Programing Language Syntax Soup
Syntax is the most important aspect of a programing language
The quality of a programing language, can be judged by how much of it can be explained by its syntax alone.
The following is critique of programing languages, with respect to formal language perspective.
For latest additions, subscribe: Xah Programing Blog.
The following articles are not in the side panel. (due to historical directory structure reasons)
- The TeX Pestilence (Why TeX/LaTeX Sucks)
- The Problems of Traditional Math Notation
- A Notation for Plane Geometry
- Programing Language Design: the Hack of Bitmask Used as Boolean Parameters
- Pattern Matching vs Grammar Specification
- What is Expressiveness in a computer language?
- What is Closure in a Programing Language?
- Unix/Linux Shell Shebang: Who Gets to Use the First Char?
Language Underneath Mumble Jumble
- Hardware Modeled Computer Languages
- Functional Programing: Function Output Should Always Have the Same Structure
- Proliferation of Computing Languages
- What Languages to Hate
- the Measure of a Language
- Laziness, Perl, and Larry Wall
- Larry Wall and Cults
- Programing Languages Popularity Trend
- Computer Language Websites Popularity
- What Determines a Computer Language's Popularity?
- Erik Naggum and Why There Isn't An Ocean of “Lisp Jobs”
- One Language to Rule Them All?
- From Why Not Ruby to F￼CK Python, Hello Ruby
- 3D Graphics Formats and Social Causes in Computer Languages
- The Harm of hard-wrapping Lines
- Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code
- Plain-Text Email Fetish
- Unix, RFC, Line Truncation
Jargons of Software Industry
- What is Your Favorite Lisp
- Language, Purity, Cult, and Deception
- Scheme Lisp and Failure
- Why Qi Lisp Fails and Clojure Succeeds
- Lisp Macros and Practical Common Lisp
- I Can Not Find A Word Better Than “CAR”
- Will Lisp Ever Be Popular?
- My First Encounter and Impression of Lisp
- Lispers and Wikipedia
- Modernization of Emacs Lisp
- Lisp's List Problem
- Why You should Not Use the Jargons lisp-1 lisp-2
- Is Lisp's Objects Concept Necessary?
Tech Doc Humor
regex and parsing
Misc, unsorted yet
- Avoiding Variables in Functional Programing
- Why is Namespace So Difficult?
- Why Learn Lisp When There Are Perl and Python