Ban Mouse Drag
mouse drag should be ban'd
Holding down a button and drag mouse is a RSI pain. On trackball, it's also hard. The most natural for drag, is touch screen or Drawing Tablet
The function of mouse drag, is a cursor starting at pos1 to pos2. It does not require the concept of holding down a mouse button then move mouse. It just so happened that Apple decide to do it that way with mouse since around 1998 and popularized it.
If finger touch screen like phone was created few years before mouse, we may not have a mouse drag today.
Windows 10 ClickLock
Windows 10 has the ClickLock feature.
- Hold the left button for half a second, then it starts ClickLock.
- Click left button to stop ClickLock.
In practice, this is confusing, does not work well. For example, in map applications, or 3D modeling, you can usually drag to pan or spin. But with ClickLock, you have to start/stop the lock too often and it's confusing which state you are in.
Typing Habits, Repetitive Strain Injury
What is Touch Typing?
How to Touch-Type
- Does Touch Typing Cause RSI? (Repetitive Strain Injury)
Typing Games, Typing Tests
Typing of the Dead
- Bad Advices from Programer
- How People Actually Type?
How to Press Control Key (Palm-Control)
Proper Sitting Posture
- How Many Words Do You Type a Day?
- Undo Cut Shortcut Keys Are Bad
- Mechanical Keyboard and RSI
Keyboard Tenting, Forearm Pronation
- Touch-Typing, a Relic of Keyboard Design?
- How to Increase Efficiency in Using Mac, Linux, Windows