Russian Keyboard Layout
There are several Russian keyboard layouts.
Russian Layout in Microsoft Windows
The most popular Russian keyboard layout, is the one in Microsoft Windows. This is the default layout in Microsoft Windows for Russian.
• Russian has 33 letters. It uses 7 more key spots than English's 26. So, punctuation characters are mostly moved to the number row, and many other symbol character are removed.
• Comma and period shares a key.
• The following characters are not available on Russian layout. To type them, you need to switch out of Russian layout.
Russian has 33 letters.
[see Unicode Cyrillic Ж]
Russian Layout Heatmap
Russian Letter Frequency
[see Character Frequency Plot]
Russian UKNC Keyboard
In Traditional Russian Typewriter layout, the number row has symbols swapped with numbers. To enter numbers, you need to press Shift.
The Russian Typewriter layout can be found on many Russian typewriters produced before the 1990s, and it is the default Russian keyboard layout in the OpenSolaris operating system.
UKNC (Russian: УКНЦ) was a Soviet PDP-11-compatible educational computer, aimed at teaching school informatics courses.
UKNC stands for Educational Computer by Scientific Centre.
[2017-05-05 Wikipedia UKNC]
Russian Apple Keyboard
See also: Russian Keyboard Layout and Programing
Ergonomic keyboard Layouts
Thumb Keyboard Layouts
- Most Efficient Layout?
- Maltron vs Dvorak
- Colemak vs Workman
- Typing Multi Layouts
- Hardware vs Software Dvorak
- Myth of QWERTY vs Dvorak
- Dvorak vs Programer's Dvorak
- Dvorak vs Colemak
- List of Dvorak Keyboards
- Qwerty to Dvorak, A PhD thesis, 1978
- QWERTZ, AZERTY
- New French Layout
- French Letter Frequency
- Russian Layout and Programing
- Portuguese Ergonomic
Chinese Input Methods
- Pinyin Letter Frequency 拼音字母頻率
Japanese Input Method
- Japanese Char Frequency