Russian Keyboard Layout
There are several Russian keyboard layouts.
Russian Windows Layout
The most popular, is Russian Windows layout. This is the default layout in Microsoft Windows for Russian.
• Russian has 33 letters. It uses 7 more key spots than English's 26. So, punctuation characters are mostly moved to the number row, and many other symbol character are removed.
• Comma and period shares a key.
• The following characters are not available on Russian layout. To type them, you need to switch out of Russian layout.
Russian has 33 letters.
Russian Layout Heatmap
Russian Letter Frequency
Russian UKNC Keyboard
Ttraditional Russian Typewriter layout (punctuation symbols are placed on numerical keys, one needs to press Shift to enter numbers)
The Russian Typewriter layout can be found on many Russian typewriters produced before the 1990s, and it is the default Russian keyboard layout in the OpenSolaris operating system.
UKNC (Russian: УКНЦ) was a Soviet PDP-11-compatible educational computer, aimed at teaching school informatics courses.
UKNC stands for Educational Computer by Scientific Centre.
[2017-05-05 Wikipedia UKNC]
Russian Apple Keyboard
See also: Russian Keyboard Layout and Programing
- Alternative Keyboard Layouts
- Dvorak Keyboard Layout
- Alt Graph Key, Compose Key, Dead Key
- International Keyboard Layouts
- Idiocy of Keyboard Layouts: QWERTZ, AZERTY
- German Keyboard Layout
- French Keyboard Layout
- French Letter Frequency
- Russian Keyboard Layout
- Chinese Input Methods
- Japanese Keyboard Layouts
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.