Xah Gaming Computer
biggest spending in 16 years
I need to upgrade my machine. I need to upgrade my 2014 mac mini [see Mac Mini Late 2014] . Which should i buy?
my basic needs:
- Under $1k.
- 16M RAM.
- Need ssd drive. 256G is ssd is big enough for me.
- No need spin disk drive.
- Graphics needs to support WQHD (2560 x 1440) or 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz refresh.
The keyboard is Kinesis Advantage2 Keyboard. Getting red switch instead of the brown i have.
The Display is ASUS Pro Art Display PA278QV
Thanks to my discord friends for helping on buying a computer.
MSI Codex Z Gaming Desktop
This machine is not on amazon, but several others by Cyberpower and iBuyPower are equally good. I asked around during my search. gaming desktop
The included keyboard is
Codex Z ASI-018US Gaming Desktop Spec
- Manufacturer Part #: CodexZASI018US
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 Processor 6C/12T 3.6-4.2 GHz 32MB Cache
- Chipset: A320
- Motherboard: MSI MicroATX MB
- CPU Cooler: Air RGB Cooler
- VGA: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6G GDDR6
- Memory (GB): 16GB DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
- LAN: 1 x RJ45 (1GbE) Realtek RTL8111H
- Wireless Communication: Intel® WiFi 5 (433 Mbps) Wireless-AC 3168 Dual Band 802.11ac 1x1
- Audio: 7.1 HD Audio (Realtek ALC892)
- Video Port: 1 x HDMI-out (2.0b), 1 x DP-out (1.4), 1 x DVI-D-out (DL)
- Storage: 240GB SATA SSD + 1TB HDD
- Peripherals: MSI Gaming Mouse, MSI Gaming Keyboard
- Power Supply: 550W
- Power Efficiency Level: 80 Plus Bronze
- Dimensions: 8.5″ x 17.09″ x 19.65″
- Weight: 26.45 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year
I/O Ports, Front:
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A
- 1 x Mic in / 1 x Headphone out
I/O Ports, Rear:
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x HDMI-out
- 1 x DVI-DL out
- 1 x mic port
- 1 x audio line in
- 1 x front speaker audio out
MacMini 2014 CPU vs 2019 CPU
so my new machine is about 6 times faster than my Mac Mini Late 2014
AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 came out in 2019.