Unicode 8 New Characters
Unicode 8.0.0 is released on June 17, 2015.
Unicode 8.0 adds a total of 7,716 characters, encompassing six new scripts and many new symbols, as well as character additions to several existing scripts. Notable character additions include the following:
- A set of lowercase Cherokee syllables, forming case pairs with the existing Cherokee characters
- A large collection of CJK unified ideographs
- Emoji symbols and symbol modifiers for implementing skin tone diversity; see Unicode Emoji.
- Georgian lari currency symbol
- Letters to support the Ik language in Uganda, Kulango in the Côte d’Ivoire, and other languages of Africa
- The Ahom script for support of the Tai Ahom language in India
- Arabic letters to support Arwi—the Tamil language written in the Arabic script
- Other important updates in Unicode Version 8.0 include:
- Change in encoding model of New Tai Lue to visual order
Unicode 8 New Emoji
[see Unicode Emoji 😄]
[see Hand Emoji 👍]
[see Animal Emoji 🐰]
[see Insects Emoji 🐞]
[see Food Emoji 🍺]
[see Sports Emoji ⚽]
[see Places Emoji 🏨]
[see Things Emoji 🔪]
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.