Unicode 11 New Characters
Unicode 11.0 is released on 2018 June 12.
Unicode 11.0 adds 684 characters. (to a total of 137,374 characters.)
The new characters are:
- 618 character in obscure language's writing systems. (to a total of 146 writing systems.)
- 66 new emoji.
The new script (writing system):
- Dogra, used to write historic Dogra in South Asia
- Georgian Mtavruli capital letters, newly added to support modern casing practices
- Gunjala Gondi, used to write the Adilabad dialect of the Gondi language in South Asia
- Hanifi Rohingya, used to write the modern Rohingya language in Southeast Asia
- Makasar, used to write historic Makasar in Indonesia
- Medefaidrin, used for modern liturgical purposes in Africa
- Old Sogdian, used to write historic Sogdian in the third to fifth centuries in Central Asia
- Sogdian, used to write historic languages in the seventh to fourteenth centuries in Central Asia
Other new character are:
- 5 urgently needed CJK unified ideographs
- 66 emoji characters, including 4 new emoji components for hair color.
- Copyleft symbol
- Half stars for rating systems
- Additional astrological symbols
- Xiangyi Chinese chess symbols
Unicode 11 New Emoji Characters
[see Unicode Emoji 😄]
[see Clothing Emoji 👠]
[see Animal Emoji 🐰]
[see Insect Emoji 🐞]
[see Food Emoji 🍺]
[see Sports Emoji ⚽]
[see Car, Train, Boat, Emoji 🚀]
[see Things Emoji 🔪]
Note: font won't become available until Google, Microsoft, Apple etc release them. Probably around end of 2018.
[see Unicode Geometric Shapes ■]
Chinese Chesse XIANGQI Pieces
[see Unicode Chess ♞ Cards 🂡 Dice 🎲]
[see Unicode Bullet • Check Mark ✓ Dagger †, Trade Mark ™☙]
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.