Emacs: Select Text (mark and region)
To select text,
set-mark-command【Ctrl+Space】 This sets a mark.
- Move cursor anywhere.
The last marked position to current cursor position is the text selection, called region or active region. (cursor position is called point)
press Ctrl+g to cancel selection. (aka, make region inactive.)
- Select Text (mark and region)
- Copy/Paste, kill-ring
- Setup Standard Copy Cut Paste Keys
- Copy Current Line If No Selection 🚀
- Copy Buffer or Selection 🚀
- Paste or Paste Previous 🚀
- Show kill-ring (Show Copy History) 🚀