Emacs: Select Text (mark and region)
To select text,
set-mark-command【Ctrl+Space】 This sets a mark.
- Move cursor anywhere.
The last marked position to current cursor position is the text selection, called region or active region. (cursor position is called point)
Change Selection Point (Swap Mark and Point)
This moves the cursor to the other end of selection.
press Ctrl+g to cancel selection. (aka, make region inactive.)
- Select Text (mark and region)
- Copy Paste, kill-ring
- Setup Standard Copy Cut Paste Keys
- Copy Current Line If No Selection 🚀
- Copy Buffer or Selection 🚀
- Paste or Paste Previous 🚀
- Show kill-ring (Show Copy History) 🚀