Emacs: Copy to Register
Emacs has registers that let you to store any text.
To copy text to register:
- Select Text, then Alt+x
copy-to-register【Ctrl+x r s】, then type e. This store the text in register e.
- To paste, Alt+x
insert-register【Ctrl+x r i】, then type e. This paste text stored in register e.
Register name can be any single letter a to z or single digit 0 to 9.
(info "(emacs) Registers")
Tip: If you have text that you frequently want to paste, such as templates, a better solution is to use emacs abbrevs. [Emacs: Abbrev Mode by Lisp Code]
- Select Text (mark and region)
- Copy/Paste, kill-ring
- Setup Standard Copy Cut Paste Keys
- Copy Current Line If No Selection 🚀
- Copy Buffer or Selection 🚀
- Paste or Paste Previous 🚀
- Show kill-ring (Show Copy History) 🚀