Emacs Bookmark feature lets you easily open frequently needed files.
Add a Bookmark
bookmark-set【Ctrl+x r m】
- Add current file or dir to bookmark.
list-bookmarks【Ctrl+x r l】
- Open the bookmark list.
Open a Bookmark
bookmark-jump【Ctrl+x r b】
- Open a bookmark.
Tip: turn on
fido-vertical-modefor flex matching. [see Emacs: icomplete mode, fido mode]
Delet, Rename a Bookmarks
- Type d to mark the current item for deletion.
- Type x to delete all D marked ones.
- Type r to rename current bookmark's title.
- Type s to save the change.
Save Bookmark File
save the bookmark file. (Press s while in bookmark file)
Note: Bookmark file is automatically saved when emacs quit, since Emacs 24.4 Features (released 2014-10). Auto save behavior is configured by the variable bookmark-save-flag. [see Emacs: Show Variable Value, List Variables]
Open Bookmark File on Emacs Start
put this in your Emacs Init File:
(setq inhibit-splash-screen t) (require 'bookmark) (list-bookmarks) (switch-to-buffer "*Bookmark List*")
Bookmark File Location
- variable. Value is Bookmark file path. [see Emacs: Show Variable Value]
- In emacs 24, bookmark file by default is at
- In emacs 23, bookmark file by default is at
[see Emacs Version History]