Xah Keyboard Blog 2020-03
added a video. trackball that spins forever. air bearing.
Trackballs That Can Spin
added a where to buy, on aliexpress
Keyboardio recently worked with technomancy to produce the Atreus keyboard.
Am quite disappointed. Of all great DIY keyboards, they chose to do this 42 keys ultra mini keyboard. Keyboards with less than 60 keys are hand pain inducing, because they force you to use key chords, even for numbers and basic punctuations.
Anyway, here's the unboxing by key switch expert Chyrosran22 at Atreus Keyboard. also, link to their kickstart at bottom of the page.
and here's my review of keyboardio:
linux kernel now supports Elecom's trackballs Fn buttons
Ban Key Chords
coiled braided cable
finally, i knew the name of this thing.
How to Avoid Mouse Hand Pain
Ultimate Hacking vs Kinesis Advantage2
in past 2 months, and now, been typing on UHK. it's excellent. but this week been also back to Kinesis Advantage2 now and then. I must say, Kinesis is GOOD, even better. If it has red switches, i absolutely prefer Kinesis. (i have red switches on UHK)
New Firmware and Model of Kinesis Advantage2 Keyboard
Kinesis Advantage2 Keyboard Review
installed new firmware. my kinesis advantage2 is dated 2016-08, when it came out. apparently, they have newer version. New version has 4M memory. Mine has 2M. New version has visual keyboard programing software called SmartSet, bundled in the memory. (so, no install required) For mine model, you have to download it.
logitech's new keyboard, G815/G915
xah on discord on keyboard
for emacs stuff, read Emacs Keys
and read this for a comprehensive overview on the keyboard software side emacs and vi: Science of Command Efficiency
Is Keyboard Tenting Important?
coronavirus mask, you need to buy. preorder. 3M(TM) Particulate Respirator 8210V, N95 Respiratory Protection 10/Box amazon
stock up on food soup
raw organic whey. amazon you need to stock up for zombie death
new model of X-Bows, the Knight
Bat Chording Keyboard
added a user review. plus other update.
remove 【lenticular brackets】 for keyboard shortcut notation
updated articles. removed 【lenticular brackets】 for keyboard shortcut notation. For example, i used to write 【Ctrl+c】 now it's just Ctrl+c
- Why Function Keys Are Useful
- How to Program Number Keypad as Function Keys
- Difference Between Apple and PC keyboards
- Ban Key Chords
- Emacs + Keyboard Geeking, the Nth Episode 2012-03
- How to Change macOS Keybinding
- Mac Keyboard Tools
- Alt Graph Key, Compose Key, Dead Key
- How to Remap/Program Kinesis Keyboard Keys
- Keyboard Shortcut vs Launch Buttons
- Keyboard Notation Design Issues
- Microsoft IntelliType Review
- Keyboard Shortcut Notations
- Keyboard Shortcuts Conflict in Web Browsers and Mac, Windows
- Kinesis Savant Elite2 Foot Pedal
- Design of Math Symbols Input System
- Keyboard Menu/App Key
- Emacs vs vim, Compute Keybinding Efficiency
- Why Function Keys Are Useful
- Evolution of Laptop Keyboards, No More Page Up/Down Keys!
- Keybinding Design, Fast-Repeat Commands
- CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i keyboard
- NEC M-System keyboards History
- Why Undo Cut Shortcut Keys Are Bad?
- Microsoft IntelliType Hacks
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
- Mac OS X: Keybinding DefaultKeyBinding.dict Problems
- Bad Keyboard Advice from Programers
- How to Set Key to Switch to Browser
- Sticky Key
- Why You Need 9 Buttons Mouse
- Keyboard Evolution: Zoom Button, Dedicated Keys
- Print Screen, SysRq, ScrLk, Pause, Break Keys
- History of Emacs and vi Keys
- Keyboard Modifier Keys, Short Survey
- Efficient Layout for Numbers
- How to Increase Efficiency in Using Mac, Linux, Windows
- The Idiocy of Happy Hacking Keyboard
- Backspace Key: Key Label's Influence on Key Purpose
- Logitech G700s Mouse
- Mouse vs Keyboard: Is Mouse Bad for Programer?
- vi, Emacs, Keybinding Design
- Havit RGB Mouse
- Logitech Webcam Review
- Microsoft IntelliType Common Questions
- Mac OS X Keybinding Key Syntax
If you have a question, put $5 at patreon and message me.